Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Camp Food #2 : Paneer Kebabs

On our camping trip to Limekiln SP (see my last post), my veggie dish for dinner was these Paneer Kebabs. The recipe is courtesy of my lovely friend Nija, inspired by kebabs she made for my graduation party.


Again, like with the chicken, its super easy, I marinated it in ziploc bags the previous night and carted it to the camp in my trusty cooler.





Ingredients

paneer

Chile pickle

yogurt

lime

tomatoes, onions

Method

Use a good brand of Chile pickle - Pataks or Mothers Recipe. Puree a tablespoon of the pickle with a couple of tablespoons of yogurt. Adjust seasoning, adding lime juice for a bit of acidity.

Soak the paneer in this marinade for a few hours or overnight. Skewer with tomatoes and onions. Grill in an oven or on a bbq till charred in spots, about 5 minutes or so on a hot fire.

Yum.




No comments: